Papertrey’s 11th Anniversary Challenge today was to use stripes and Simon Says Stamp’s Monday Challenge is to use a notepaper so I ended combining them to create the card below using notepaper looking pattern paper. It was a perfect look for a teacher thank you card. Supplies are listed below. Happy crafting!
- Cardstock: Classic White 110 lb. (Neenah);
- Patterned Paper: Bloom & Grow Patterned Paper Collection (Papertrey); Pencil Me In Patterned Paper Collection (Papertrey);
- Stamps: Keep It Simple: Teacher (Papertrey);
- Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine);
- Accessories: Moonshine sequins; White fun foam (Darice)
Today’s challenge for Papertrey’s 11th Anniversary is to use one of the color swatches to make a project. If you looked at my last 2 cards, you could probably guessed which color swatch I picked. I picked the one with aqua mist, tropical teal, green parakeet, winter wisteria and royal velvet. I decided to do a bit of watercoloring using my Papertrey inks. I ended up thinking the colors were too vibrant so created a front panel from vellum to soften the look. Hope your week is starting off well! Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: White (Papertrey); Vellum (Papertrey); watercolor (Ranger)
- Ink: aqua mist, tropical teal, green parakeet, winter wisteria and royal velvet (Papertrey); Versamark; Onyx Black (Versafine)
- Stamps: Ever So Much (Papertrey); Brushed Blooms (Papertrey)
- Accessories: Clear embossing powder; twine
Today’s 11th Anniversary Papertrey Challenge is to use no stamps to make a card. I’ve noticed lately how much I’m using dies in my cards. It seems like I make a lot of images from my dies and the only thing I’ll end up stamping is the sentiment. Some of that is due to me coloring more but it’s also due to such great dies being produced lately. This card came together pretty quickly. I started out using dylusions sprays to make a few front panels, trying to decide what look I wanted. On this one, my favorite of the bunch, I used a stencil to lighten up some of the ink. I decided it needed to be a mitten card after seeing how the nordic pattern showed up. You never know how the watercolor look is going to turn out but I have to say that I love how it turned out!!! Those are some of my favorite colors. Hope you’re having a great weekend! Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: Solar Crest White #110 (Neenah); Watercolor (Ranger); Glitter Fun Foam (Darice)
- Watercolor Inks: Dylusions sprays – Crushed grape, After Midnight, Calypso Teal,
- Dies: Shape Up Mitten (Papertrey); Heart Border (Papertrey); Christmas Cheer (Papertrey)
- Accessories: Layering Stencil – Holiday Knit (Tim Holtz)
Papertrey put out their retirement list today to use in Papertrey’s 11th Anniversary Challenge. I’m so bummed to see Make It Market Mini Kit: Color Pop Butterflies to be retiring. I love this set! It makes such easy quick cards, especially when you’re using the patterned paper with it. Here’s the card I made for this challenge. The supplies are listed below. Happy blog hopping!
- Cardstock: Aqua Mist (Papertrey); Basic Black (Papertrey); White 110 lb (Recollections)
- Stamps, Dies, Stencils, & Paper: Make It Market Mini Kit: Color Pop Florals (Papertrey)
- Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine); Aqua Mist (Papertrey); Hawaiian Shore (Papertrey); Winter Wisteria (Papertrey); Soft Stone (Papertrey)
- Accessories: Sequins (Darice); glue dots, matte glue; watercolor brush
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and since I’ve had a chance to make some cards today, how about one more for this week’s Simon Says Stamp’s Wednesday Challenge theme of It Must Be Love? I had fun playing with the technique where you ink up an embossing folder and then use it to stamp on cardstock. I love how it turned out. Very fun and it gives the image a watercolor look. Hope you like it! I’m also submitting this card to Simon Says Stamp’s Monday Challenge – Love is in the air and CAS-ual Fridays Hearts, Hearts, and More Hearts Challenge.
These two love themed cards has me thinking about Valentine’s Day next week. Hope you have a lovely Valentine’s Day! Card supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: White (Neenah); Current (Amuse Studio)
- Ink: Dusty Concord, Spun Sugar, and Fired Brick distress stains (Ranger)
- Dies: Say It – Love You (Technique Tuesday); Love Die (Amuse Studio)
- Accessories: Heart Blocks embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Sequins
I had the perfect idea for this card. The Simon Says Stamp’s Monday Challenge theme, Love Is In The Air, made me think of heart shaped balloons. Luckily, I had some in my stamp stash. Wish I could say I liked how the strings are attached to the sentiment but at that point the card was almost done and I wasn’t willing to start over. I’m also linking this card to Simon Says Stamp’s Wednesday Challenge – It Must Be Love. Happy blog hopping! Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: Kraft (Papertrey); Black (Simon Says Stamp)
- Stamps: Party Kit (Mama Elephant); Say It – Love You by Ali Edwards (Technique Tuesday)
- Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine); Red Raspberry (Hero Arts); White (Simon Says Stamp)
- Accessoried: Glossy Accents (Ranger); black marker (Copic)
Since I never put stuff away when I’m crafting, I decided to work with some more of the Bloom and Grow Patterned Paper Collection for Papertrey’s Day 3 Challenge: Transformation. It was interesting to see how I could tweak the card to improve it. I ended up with 3 cards, hopefully each an improvement from the previous one.
The first one was very simple with a stamped sentiment on patterned paper with the main floral image. I added sponging to the patterned paper to emphasize the focal image but can’t say I love how it ended up.
I liked the patterned paper in the blue shade, skipped the sponging since I didn’t think it added much, but decided to frame the image by die cutting the patterned paper. I also switched the sentiment, and switched the stamped sentiment on the patterned paper to stamping it on a banner. I like this one much better.
For my last try, I skipped the background patterned paper completely, but kept the idea of framing the image with a die cut. I like this one the best of all.
- Cardstock: White 110 lb. (Recollections); Aqua Mist (Papertrey); Pale Peony (Papertrey); Harvest Gold (Papertrey)
- Patterned Paper: Bloom & Grow Patterned Paper Collection (Papertrey)
- Stamps: Keep It Simple: Teacher (Papertrey); Keep It Simple: Mother (Papertrey);
- Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine); Pale Peony (Papertrey)
- Dies: Femmes Frames (Mama Elephant)
- Accessories: Moonshine sequins; White fun foam (Darice)