Freshly Made Sketches #300 layout is lovely! Love the open space and the focused stack of items to the left. I decided to pull out my flamingo and hibiscus stamps for a pretty summer themed card. Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: Kraft (Papertrey); Hibiscus Burst (Papertrey); White (Georgia Pacific)
- Stamps: Some Like It Hot (Papertrey); Color Layering Flamingo (Hero Arts)
- Accessories: Die Cut tag; yellow twine
Long time no see! I have been away from my crafting space for so long! My spare time has been taken up with kids, work, and getting a house ready to sell. But I’ve been craving some crafting time and wanted to take a stab at this week’s Papertrey Make It Monday challenge of making a monochrome card with a pop of color.
I pulled out my Winter Woods stamp set to make some winter cards. Once we swing into holiday cards, I seem to forget all about winter birthdays and I have quite a few to send out every year. I kept the background soft with white birch trees on soft stone so that the pretty birds would really pop. The supplies are listed below. Hope you are enjoying everyone’s pretty cards. Happy crafting!
- Cardstock: Soft Stone (Papertrey); Smokey Shadow (Papertrey)
- Stamps: Winter Woods (Papertrey); Keep It Simple: Birthdays II(Papertrey)
- Ink: Fresh Snow (Papertrey); Smokey Shadow (Papertrey); Versamark
- Dies: Contemp0 Birds (Memory Box)
- Accessories: Watercolors; White Embossing Powder;
This week’s Papertrey Ink challenge is to create a coordinating pair of cards. This challenge was a fun one, especially since I typically make several cards when I sit down to craft. Why craft only 1 card when you have all of your supplies out. I’m going to keep this quick. Supplies are listed below. Happy crafting!
- Cardstock: White 110 lb (Recollections); True Black (Papertrey)
- Patterned Paper: Still Life: Summer Patterned Paper Collection (Papertrey)
- Stamps: Make It Market Mini Kit: Still Life Summer (Papertrey)
- Dies: Thanks and Hello die (My Favorite Things)
- Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine);
- Accessories: Black Embroidery Thread (DMC); Sherbet Shimmer Glitter Drops (Nuvo)
Happy Mother’s Day! Mine has been wonderfully mellow! I’ve had to time to hang out, clean up my craft room, make some crafty purchases, and squeeze in a card for this week’s Papertrey Make It Monday challenge. I pulled out Garden Gate since it needs some love and used the stamp set for all of the images on the card.
Looking at it now that I’m done, I wish I would have used a softer colored grey ink since it feels too strong. Oh well, live and learn. It makes a nice background but since’s it’s a pretty busy sentiment, it would have been better if it would have disappeared a bit more. I also pulled out my Spectrum Noir pens to smooth out the Hollyhock coloring. My stamps need some more seasoning so the ink was a bit splotchy. Well that’s about it for what I wish I would have done better. Hope you are enjoying the blog hop! Abbreviated supply list is below….need to get going on dinner.
Supplies: Garden Gate stamp set (Papertrey); Raspberry Fizz, Scarlet Jewel, Bright Buttercup, New leaf, Green Parakeet ink (Papertrey); Soft granite ink (Hero Arts); Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens; sequins, twine
Today is Papertrey’s March Blog Hop! I’m visiting my sweetest friend Victoria for a girl’s weekend and we made time to get our blog hop cards done. The inspiration photo had colors that were way outside my comfort range…it was challenging. Card supplies are listed below. Hope you get a chance to get some crafting time in this weekend.
CARDSTOCK: White (Recollections)
INK: Hibiscus Burst, Tropical Teal, Raspberry Fizz, Bright Buttercup (Papertrey)
STAMPS: Don’t Forget To Write (Papertrey)
DIES: Don’t Forget To Write (Papertrey)
How about an adorable birdhouse? Papertrey is giving away an super sweet birdhouse template for their 10th Anniversary festivities. It’s perfect for putting those Easter treats in for your kids teacher or for the kids. Unfortunately, my boys would demolish the house to get the candy….so it’s better to give it to one of their teachers who might actually appreciate it. I wanted to use spring colors since it’s going to have Easter candy in it. Card supplies are listed below.
- Patterned Paper: Hibiscus Burst Patterned Paper Pack (Papertrey); Soft Stone Patterned Paper Pack (Papertrey)
- Stamps: Polka Dot Parade #1 (Papertrey)
- Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine)
- Dies: Tag Sale #8 (Papertrey)
- Accessories: Birdhouse Template (Papertrey)
The challenge today for Papertrey’s 10th Anniversary festivities is to improve on a previous card. Well since I am a messy crafter and NEVER put stuff away, I still have my Still Life Summer stuff out from some recent crafting. I decided to improve on this card. I was originally going easy and focusing on creating a matched card and tag set. But I wanted to improve on the card so even though the imagery is similar, the card is a bit fancier with more layers and a stamped background. Hope you like it! Supplies are listed below. Happy crafting!
- Cardstock: Hibiscus Burst (Papertrey)
- Patterned Paper: Still Life Summer (Papertrey)
- Stamps and Dies: Still Life Summer (Papertrey)
- Accessories: fun foam; Sherbet Shimmer Glitter Drops (Nuvo)