Ok… one more card tonight. This one is for Simon Say Stamps Wednesday Challenge using the photo inspiration and Papertrey Ink’s October Blog Hop. These two challenge inspiration photos had me thinking of a stack of colorful leaves. I ended up with this card after using some sprays on watercolor paper and die cutting them out. I ended up with my favorite colored die cuts on the card. This card makes me happy thinking of fall. I love the beautiful colors of fall. Happy crafting! Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: Rustic Cream (Papertrey); Gold Foil Cardstock (Recollections); Watercolor Paper (Ranger)
- Dies: Encolosed: Leaf die (Papertrey)
- Accessories: Crushed Grape, Postbox Red, Pure Sunshine, Squeezed Orange Ink Spray (Dylusions)
I love this new set from Art Impressions! It’s got the cutest dog and cat Halloween stamps, especially if you have a grumpy/grouchy cat or dog. I was happy to pull this stamp set out and start coloring when I saw this week’s Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge – It’s A Dogs Life. A three day trip with 3 classes of 5th graders kept me from it until this weekend. Hope you enjoy the card! Happy crafting! Supplies are listed below.
- Patterned Paper: Perfectly Plaid Fall (Lawn Fawn); Watercolor Wishes Petite Paper Pack (Lawn Fawn)
- Stamps: Howl-oween (Art Impressions)
- Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine)
- Accessories: Copics
This week’s challenge for Papertrey Ink’s Make It Monday Challenge is to make a card where you build a wreath. I opted for a wreath that fills the outside edge of the card. It was unintentional, but I love how there is a sprinkling of silver embossing powder on the Holly part of the sentiments. I coated the berry images with glossy accents to give the card more texture. Happy crafting! Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: Soft Stone (Papertrey)
- Ink: Pure Poppy (Papertrey); Versamark
- Stamps: Mistletoe & Holly (Papertrey)
- Accessories: Glossy Accents (Ranger); Silver embossing powder, White embossing powder
How about a combination set that works for 2 Simon Says Stamp Challenges. The Simon Says Stamp’s Monday Challenge is Not a Card and the Simon Says Stamp’s Wednesday Challenge is Christmas. Here you go, a Christmas card and matching tag. Hope your week is starting off well! Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: Smokey Shadow (Papertrey Ink); white (Georgia Pacific)
- Patterned Paper: Merry & Bright 6×6 pad (Pink Paislee)
- Ink: Tea Dye Duo (Papertrey); Onyx Black (Versafine)
- Accessories: Glitter Reindeer (Creatology), Snowflake ribbon (Celebrate It), Merry & Bright ephemera (Pink Paislee), Winter Flurry embossing folder (Taylored Expressions), thread
This week’s CAS-ual Fridays sketch 184 and CAS(E) this Sketch #242 are pretty similar so I was able to combine them for this card. I really like the look of the image and sentiment located in the lower third of the card. I kept the colors bright and cheery so that the black would really pop off the card. Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: Black, Watercolor
- Dies: May Flowers Frameslits Dies (Stampin Up); Sentimental Dies (Avery Elle)
- Accessories: Kuretake Gansai Tambi 36 color watercolor set (Zig)
Simon Says Stamp’s Blog has a long line of lovely cards from designers around the world. I love seeing where all of the wonderful card designers are from! Here’s my card for the day….love that cute yeti image from My Favorite Things! It was also fun to make a pop-up card with him. Hope you’re getting some crafting time in on World Card Making Day too! Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: White 110 pound (Recollections); Smokey Slate (Stampin’ Up)
- Ink: Licorice Black (My Favorite Things); Onyx Black (Versafine); Salty Ocean Distress (Ranger); Mermaid Lagoon Distress (Ranger)
- Stamps: Beast Friends (My Favorite Things)
- Dies: Snow Capped Mountains die (Mama Elephant); Holy Night Dies (Concord & 9th); Tree Line Die (Impression Obsession)
- Accessories: Marker BG02, B00, BG05, C1, C2, C4, C8 R29, Y17, YG67, E39 (Copics); Perfect Peals, Mister
With 7 minutes to go I’m keeping this short and sweet!
Ok, now I can come back and complete my post. Papertrey’s September Blog Hop inspiration art was difficult for me. Just wasn’t feeling the florals on black, especially when I didn’t start on the card until 30 minutes before I was supposed to be done. I decided to go to embossing flowers on a black piece of card stock. This is definitely not my favorite card but it’s always good to stretch outside your comfort zone. Supplies are listed below. Happy crafting!
Stamps: Gran’s Garden (Papertrey); Stylish Sentiments: Birthday (Papertrey)