Happy Friday everyone! Are you ready for summer? We sure are even though my boys have a few more weeks of school left. But we are starting to get some lovely sunny, warm days …..finally. It seemed like such a long winter and we didn’t have it nearly as hard as some folks. Technique Tuesday and CardMaker Magazine are having a summer themed blog hop using some fun Technique Tuesday stamps. Hopefully it will get you in the mood to pull out some fun stamps and colorful ink!
My 1st card uses Technique Tuesday’s Treasure Labels stamp set. I stamped the sentiment repeatedly using various colors of ink to create a cascade of summer colors. Unfortunately the last ink color is hard in the photo but it’s gold ink and gives the last sentiment block some punch. The card supplies are listed below.
My second card uses another fun Technique Tuesday stamp set called Be Happy. I love the fun handwritten style of this sentiment set and wanted to pair it with a watercolor summer sunset. The warm colors of yellow, orange, pink and purple makes me happy! I stamped the sentiment on the circle die cut and added some metallic thread for some visual interest.
I hope you are enjoying the blog hop. Mendi Yoshikawa is the next person on the blog hop and I’m sure she has some fabulous inspiration for you. If you get lost along the way you can always go back to CardMaker Magazine’s blog or Technique Tuesday’s blog for the complete list. Happy blog hopping!
- Cardstock: White 110 pound (Georgia Pacific)
- Stamps: Treasure Labels (Technique Tuesday)
- Ink: Bubble Gum, Raspberry Jam, Red Royal, Pale Tomato, Orange Soda, Soft Cantelope, Fresh Peach, Soft Apricot, Butter Bar (Hero Arts); Delicata Golden Glitz (Tsukineko)
- Accessories: Foil Epoxy Hearts (Heidi Grace)
- Cardstock: White 110 pound (Georgia Pacific); Mixed Media (Strathmore)
- Stamps: Be Happy (Technique Tuesday)
- Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine)
- Accessories: Circle die (Lifestyle Crafts); watercolor pan set (Angora); Frost spritz; gold metallic thread