I decided to combine the My Favorite Things Sketch and Color Challenge and made this card. The color challenge of using light pink, red, aqua and black was hard, especially when I was trying to not make it scream Valentine’s Day.
I got to pull out my new MFT mountain dies. I’ve been wanting them for awhile and they are so much fun! Supplies are listed below. Happy crafting!
- Cardstock: White, Pink Pirouette (Stampin Up); Pure Poppy (Papertrey)
- Ink: Versamark; Onyx Black (Versafine)
- Stamps: Beast Friends (My Favorite Things)
- Dies: Snow Capped Mountains Die (My Favorite Things)
- Accessories: Stardust Stickles; heart glitter sticker; Copics
This is my last blog post for My Favorite Things 2018 Creative Olympics. Event #2 is a freestyle card. Whoops….grabbed the wrong card. Oh my goodness is it down to the wire on getting this in. I made too many cards today and can’t keep them straight.
I still had some Snowflake Splendor die cuts on my desk and the other half of the alcohol ink panel to use for this card. The worst part was trying to make the sentiment work on the already busy card. Can’t say I love it and I may ultimately take it off. Haven’t decided yet. The best or worst thing about making cards is that you can always tweak something. Sometimes I tweak it right before it goes in an envelope and out the door.
Whew! I don’t recommend doing all of My Favorite Things 2018 Creative Olympics in one day. It’s been busy! Supplies are listed below. Happy crafting!
- Cardstock: White (Recollections); Yupo (Ranger); Vellum (Recollections); Silver glitter paper (Wow)
- Ink: Versamark; Alcohol Inks (Ranger)
- Stamps: Snowfall of Blessings (My Favorite Things)
- Dies: Snowflake Splendor die-namics (My Favorite Things); Stitched Rectangle Scallop Die-namics (My Favorite Things)
- Accessories: Silver Tinsel embossing powder; Rhinestones (Recollections)
This card is for the Speed Cardmaking Event, which is the 4th one for My Favorite Things 2018 Creative Olympics. I also used My Favorite Things Color Challenge 87 for some inspiration. The colors are black, gray, light pink, and dark pink.
This event is so not my thing. You see, I fuss a lot on cards. I move something this way and that trying to decide where to glue, stamp, attach different parts of it. So I failed this event. My completed time was a 23 minutes and 16 seconds. It didn’t help that I had to make 3 attempts at getting the flower stamping right. So I’ll just tell myself that it’s under 20 minutes if I could shave off the time for the extra practice runs. It’s like one of those times when you tell your husband that you went to the LSS and only spent money on basic, necessary supplies. Supplies are listed below. Happy crafting!
- Cardstock: Black (Recollections); Soft Stone (Papertrey); Hibiscus Burst (Papertrey);
- Ink: Raspberry Fizz (Papertrey); Hibiscus Burst (Papertrey); Lovely Lady (Papertrey); Smokey Shadow (Papertrey); Onyx Black (Versafine)
- Stamps: Beautiful Blooms (My Favorite Things)
Just back from a birthday party and am now in a mad dash to get the last of the cards I worked on up for the many My Favorite Things challenges going on. This card is for My Favorite Things 2018 Creative Olympics Event 1 and was the last card I did since I found it the most challenging. I also used the sketch from MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge 372.
It’s hard work combining 3 stamp sets on one card. I decided on doing a fun card for the birthday party my son attended this afternoon. I used 3 very different stamp sets, but thought they came together for the card. You can’t tell from the photo, but the eyes and antenna have glossy accents on them. I am also entering this one for the Supplies are listed below. Happy crafting!
- Cardstock: White (Recollections); Bermuda Bay (Stampin Up)
- Ink: Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, and Peacock Feathers Oxide Distress Inks (Ranger); Versamark
- Stamps: More Monsters (My Favorite Things); Distressed Patterns (My Favorite Things); Snowfall of Blessings (My Favorite Things)
- Accessories: Glossy Accents (Ranger); White embossing powder
I made 5 cards today trying to catch up on the My Favorite Things Creative Olympics Challenges and other challenges. Boy am I catching this last minute….so happy that I have the day off so that I could get these challenges. Event #3 is the first challenge I decided to work on. I opted for die cut inlay and z-fold card for my 2 techniques. I made a alcohol ink front panel to start with and then went crazy die cutting.I figured out too late that snowflakes are a pain in the rear to inlay. All those tiny die cut pieces that want to run away from you. I’ve shown the front and the inside of the card below. The supplies are listed below. Happy crafting!
- Cardstock: Yupo, White (Recollections)
- Stamps: Snowfall of Blessings (My Favorite Things)
- Ink: Versafine
- Dies: Snowflake Splendor Dies (My Favorite Things)
- Accessories: alcohol inks (Ranger); Rhinestones (Recollections)
Here’s another card I made this afternoon for the My Favorite Things current sketch, Sketch 314. Hope you get some time to play with the sketch too! Happy crafting! Card supplies are listed below.
- Stamps: Thankful Leaves (My Favorite Things); Falling Leaves (Papertrey)
- Cardstock: Dark Chocolate (Papertrey); Rustic Cream (Papertrey); Orange Zest (Papertrey)
- Ink: Versamark; Terracotta (Papertrey)
- Accessories: Gold Embossing Powder (Ranger); Fall Leaves die (My Favorite Things); Leaf stencil (Creative Imaginations)
Sorry I’ve been MIA. I was coaching 2 soccer teams this fall for my boys and then started working full time right before Thanksgiving. I haven’t quite caught my breath yet but I’m getting close. I’m so ready for some crafting time. I sat down to play with My Favorite Things current sketch, Sketch 314, and ended up playing with some embossing folders and die-cut leaves I had sitting out from my projects last fall. I figured it was a good way of tidied up my space. I love this sketch and will likely be making some more cards with it. I have a fondness for focal points resting in that lower left corner. Anyway, hope 2017 is starting off well for you and that it brings you much happiness! Card supplies are listed below.
- Stamps: Falling Leaves (Papertrey)
- Cardstock: Dark Chocolate (Papertrey); Watercolor (Ranger)
- Ink: Versamark
- Accessories: Dylusions Spray (Ranger); Scattered Leaves Embossing Folder (Taylored Expressions); Forest Leaves die (Prima)