I decided to combine the My Favorite Things Sketch and Color Challenge and made this card. The color challenge of using light pink, red, aqua and black was hard, especially when I was trying to not make it scream Valentine’s Day.
I got to pull out my new MFT mountain dies. I’ve been wanting them for awhile and they are so much fun! Supplies are listed below. Happy crafting!
- Cardstock: White, Pink Pirouette (Stampin Up); Pure Poppy (Papertrey)
- Ink: Versamark; Onyx Black (Versafine)
- Stamps: Beast Friends (My Favorite Things)
- Dies: Snow Capped Mountains Die (My Favorite Things)
- Accessories: Stardust Stickles; heart glitter sticker; Copics
This week’s Papertrey Make It Monday Challenge is to use masks and stack images to make a card. It was tough to come up with something I wanted to stack until I looked through the Papertrey image stamps and realized I had ghosts that would look cute stacked and were easy to create a mask for. I thought I would just whip this card out until I realized how flat the stacked images looked, all black lines and no image definition. So I pulled out my colored pencils to give the stack some depth. Hope you like it! Hope your week is going well and you get some crafty time in! Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: Orange Zest (Papertrey); White
- Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine)
- Stamps: Polka Dot Parade #7 (Papertrey)
- Accessories: Polychromos pencils; clear Wink of Stella marker; fun foam
One of my favorite flowers is hydrangeas. It was the perfect inspiration for this week’s Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge of In My Garden. I love the graphic style of this hydrangea image. It seems perfect for watercoloring. Simon Says Stamp’s wishing die has such a pretty font. I would love a whole set of greeting dies in that font!
I ended up making 2 cards with the 2nd attempt with bolder coloring using colored pencils and the addition of sequins. Hope the card brings some springtime sunshine to you. Happy crafting! Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: Blueberry Sky (Papertrey); Watercolor Paper (Ranger);
- Stamps: Sending and Wishing (Simon Says Stamp); In Bloom: Addie’s Garden (Winnie & Walter);
- Ink: Shaded Lilac, Peacock Feathers, and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks (Ranger); Jet Black Archival (Ranger), Versamark (Tsukineko)
- Dies: Wishing die (Simon Says Stamp);
- Accessories: White Fun Foam (Darice); White Embossing Powder (Ranger); Polychromos colored pencils (Faber-Castell); sequins
Papertrey’s February Blog Hop uses a great Easter inspired photo with a series of trays of grass and Easter eggs. It inspired me to create these two cards, using a grass die and the cute bunny image from Polka Dot Parade #1. I also decided to incorporate Papertrey’s Make It Monday Challenge of Framing Sentiments & Images. I prefer the first card since it’s got more colors incorporated into the card and offset image. How about you? Hope you’re enjoying everyone’s fabulous cards. Happy crafting! Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: Aqua Mist (Papertrey), New Leaf (Papertrey), Lavender Moon (Papertrey); Hibiscus Burst (Papertrey), White
- Stamps: Polka Dot Parade #1 (Papertrey), Simply Spring Borders (Papertrey)
- Ink: Lovely Lady (Papertrey), Onyx Black (Versafine)
- Dies: Grass Border die (Impression Obsession), Stitched Rectangles dies (Simon Says Stamp), Stitched Circles dies (Simon Says Stamp)
- Accessories: Stickles
This is my last blog post for My Favorite Things 2018 Creative Olympics. Event #2 is a freestyle card. Whoops….grabbed the wrong card. Oh my goodness is it down to the wire on getting this in. I made too many cards today and can’t keep them straight.
I still had some Snowflake Splendor die cuts on my desk and the other half of the alcohol ink panel to use for this card. The worst part was trying to make the sentiment work on the already busy card. Can’t say I love it and I may ultimately take it off. Haven’t decided yet. The best or worst thing about making cards is that you can always tweak something. Sometimes I tweak it right before it goes in an envelope and out the door.
Whew! I don’t recommend doing all of My Favorite Things 2018 Creative Olympics in one day. It’s been busy! Supplies are listed below. Happy crafting!
- Cardstock: White (Recollections); Yupo (Ranger); Vellum (Recollections); Silver glitter paper (Wow)
- Ink: Versamark; Alcohol Inks (Ranger)
- Stamps: Snowfall of Blessings (My Favorite Things)
- Dies: Snowflake Splendor die-namics (My Favorite Things); Stitched Rectangle Scallop Die-namics (My Favorite Things)
- Accessories: Silver Tinsel embossing powder; Rhinestones (Recollections)
This card is for the Speed Cardmaking Event, which is the 4th one for My Favorite Things 2018 Creative Olympics. I also used My Favorite Things Color Challenge 87 for some inspiration. The colors are black, gray, light pink, and dark pink.
This event is so not my thing. You see, I fuss a lot on cards. I move something this way and that trying to decide where to glue, stamp, attach different parts of it. So I failed this event. My completed time was a 23 minutes and 16 seconds. It didn’t help that I had to make 3 attempts at getting the flower stamping right. So I’ll just tell myself that it’s under 20 minutes if I could shave off the time for the extra practice runs. It’s like one of those times when you tell your husband that you went to the LSS and only spent money on basic, necessary supplies. Supplies are listed below. Happy crafting!
- Cardstock: Black (Recollections); Soft Stone (Papertrey); Hibiscus Burst (Papertrey);
- Ink: Raspberry Fizz (Papertrey); Hibiscus Burst (Papertrey); Lovely Lady (Papertrey); Smokey Shadow (Papertrey); Onyx Black (Versafine)
- Stamps: Beautiful Blooms (My Favorite Things)
Just back from a birthday party and am now in a mad dash to get the last of the cards I worked on up for the many My Favorite Things challenges going on. This card is for My Favorite Things 2018 Creative Olympics Event 1 and was the last card I did since I found it the most challenging. I also used the sketch from MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge 372.
It’s hard work combining 3 stamp sets on one card. I decided on doing a fun card for the birthday party my son attended this afternoon. I used 3 very different stamp sets, but thought they came together for the card. You can’t tell from the photo, but the eyes and antenna have glossy accents on them. I am also entering this one for the Supplies are listed below. Happy crafting!
- Cardstock: White (Recollections); Bermuda Bay (Stampin Up)
- Ink: Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, and Peacock Feathers Oxide Distress Inks (Ranger); Versamark
- Stamps: More Monsters (My Favorite Things); Distressed Patterns (My Favorite Things); Snowfall of Blessings (My Favorite Things)
- Accessories: Glossy Accents (Ranger); White embossing powder