I knew exactly what I wanted to make for this week’s Simon Says Stamp’s Monday Challenge – Young at Heart and Curtain Call Challenge: XOXO. I bought this die thinking that I would use it to make my boys Valentine’s cards. My boys are 8 and 9 and they LOVE Minecraft (computer and video game). The shape of the die makes the perfect pixelated heart. And if you’ve never seen Minecraft….it has old style block style of graphics. Neat and Tangled pixelated heart die is perfect for this! And the coolest thing is that it makes a die cut that allows you to create a heart that pops up from the inside of the card. Can you tell I’m excited about this card. I need to make another one so each boy has a card but I wanted to post this one. The color choices of green and pink are a bit strange but I picked up the pink from the inspiration photo and needed green to match the Minecraft background. The Minecraft terrain has this kind of blocky green background that I tried to imitate. The card supplies are listed below. Happy blog hopping!
- Cardstock: Pink Pirouette (Stampin Up); New Leaf (Papertrey); White (Georgia Pacific)
- Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine)
- Stamps: Crazy Talk (Tim Holtz); Tremendous Treats: Valentine (Papertrey)
- Dies: Pixelated Heart (Neat & Tangled)
- Accessories: YG06, YG11, YG17 (Copics); Clear embossing powder (Stampendous)