We’re still buried in snow so that means more time for crafting. This week’s CAS-ual Fridays challenge is Everything Turns to Gold Challenge. I love gold and was happy to sit down to make some cards sparkling with gold. I started with one stamp and ended up making 3 cards with it. I left one CAS with the floral image embossed in gold. Then I repeated the look of the first card but colored the floral images since they seemed to get lost in the detailed pattern. For the last card, I opted to use my Minc foil machine and some stick it embossing powder to make the card more flashy. Which one is your favorite? Mine is the one with the gold foil….love the shine! Supplies are listed below. Happy crafting!
- Cardstock: Bermuda Bay (Stampin Up); Soft Sky (Stampin Up); Coastal Cabana (Stampin Up)
- Stamp: Garden Background (Stampendous); Big & Bold Wishes (Papertrey); Stylish Sentiments: Birthday (Papertrey)
- Ink: Versamark:
- Accessories: Gold embossing powder (Ranger); gold foil (Heidi Swapp); Copic markers; Sticky embossing powder (Ranger)
Good morning, at least for those folks on the West Coast! I had a chance to make a card for the current CAS-ual Fridays Tic Tac Toe challenge. I would love to win the prize. There are several CAS-ual Friday stamps I’ve had my eye on forever. Crossing my fingers!
I selected the line with enamel dots, no pattern paper, and sparkle/glitter. I love these older Hero Arts floral stamps and decided to use some pearlescent paint from Martha Stewart to ink up the stamps. I also did a slight modification and used pearls versus enamel dots since the enamel dots were too wide and flat versus the pearls and worked better with the pearlescent paint. I also edged the main panel with tea dye duo to soften the edges of the panel. Have to say I’m very happy with the results. Hope you have a chance to get your crafting groove on! Have a great day and supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: Raspberry Fizz, Limeade Ice (Papertrey Ink)
- Stamps: Hello Luscious Collection (Basic Grey – Hero Arts), Meadow Greens (Papertrey Ink)
- Ink: Early Espresso (Stampin Up); Chamomile and Chai distress ink (Papertrey Ink)
- Accessories: Tiger Lily Pearl Paint, Fruit Punch Pearl Paint (Martha Stewart), Pearls
The Curtain Call Cherry Bomb Challenge and CAS-ual Friday Color Challenge CFC151 had me thinking of a 4th of July themed card. Both challenges have a red, white, and blue colored theme. I kept it pretty simple so the glitter paste background stood out. Supplies are listed below. Hope you’re have a great start to your weekend and getting some crafting time in!
- Cardstock: Enchanted Evening (Papertrey); Pure Poppy (Papertrey); White Cardstock (Georgia Pacific)
- Ink: Enchanted Evening (Papertrey)
- Stamps: Happy Day (Papertrey)
- Accessories: Sequins (Simon Says Stamp); Amber Glitter Paste (Viva Décor); Happy Day die (Papertrey); Concentric Circles Stencil (My Favorite Things)
I’m participating in this week’s Freshly Made Sketch challenge and CAS-ual Fridays CFC challenge. The Freshly Made sketch is shown below. This week’s CAS-ual Fridays challenge is to use precious metals.
I’m busy working on my Christmas card stash so opted to make the sketch work for a snowflake card. And if you ask me….every card needs some gold embossing. I could use it on every card and in my mind, you can never have enough snowflake stamps, dies, and embellishments. Hope you have a great weekend and can get some crafting in. Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: Cool Caribbean (Stampin Up); Vellum (Papertrey)
- Stamps: Wonderland (Stampin Up)
- Accessories: Pearl Mist (Ranger); Glittered Snowflakes (Recollections)
Here’s my last card for Papertrey’s 7th Anniversary Day 2 Challenge. This is my favorite one from tonight’s late night crafting session. But again… nighttime photographing is not the best for working with smokey shadow. I added wink of stella to the flowers on the sentiment tag for a bit of bling. Supplies are listed at the bottom.
Edited to add that I’m also submitting this card to CAS-ual Fridays CFC127 Challenge . The challenge is to create a card that has an element hanging over the edge of the card. This card has also been submitted to the Papertrey’s 7th Anniversary Day 4 birthday card challenge.
- Cardstock: Smokey Shadow (Papertrey); Hawaiian Shores Stripe Pattern Paper (Papertrey)
- Accessories: Wink of Stella, dimensionals