Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and since I’ve had a chance to make some cards today, how about one more for this week’s Simon Says Stamp’s Wednesday Challenge theme of It Must Be Love? I had fun playing with the technique where you ink up an embossing folder and then use it to stamp on cardstock. I love how it turned out. Very fun and it gives the image a watercolor look. Hope you like it! I’m also submitting this card to Simon Says Stamp’s Monday Challenge – Love is in the air and CAS-ual Fridays Hearts, Hearts, and More Hearts Challenge.
These two love themed cards has me thinking about Valentine’s Day next week. Hope you have a lovely Valentine’s Day! Card supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: White (Neenah); Current (Amuse Studio)
- Ink: Dusty Concord, Spun Sugar, and Fired Brick distress stains (Ranger)
- Dies: Say It – Love You (Technique Tuesday); Love Die (Amuse Studio)
- Accessories: Heart Blocks embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Sequins
This week’s CAS-ual Fridays sketch 184 and CAS(E) this Sketch #242 are pretty similar so I was able to combine them for this card. I really like the look of the image and sentiment located in the lower third of the card. I kept the colors bright and cheery so that the black would really pop off the card. Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: Black, Watercolor
- Dies: May Flowers Frameslits Dies (Stampin Up); Sentimental Dies (Avery Elle)
- Accessories: Kuretake Gansai Tambi 36 color watercolor set (Zig)
We’re still buried in snow so that means more time for crafting. This week’s CAS-ual Fridays challenge is Everything Turns to Gold Challenge. I love gold and was happy to sit down to make some cards sparkling with gold. I started with one stamp and ended up making 3 cards with it. I left one CAS with the floral image embossed in gold. Then I repeated the look of the first card but colored the floral images since they seemed to get lost in the detailed pattern. For the last card, I opted to use my Minc foil machine and some stick it embossing powder to make the card more flashy. Which one is your favorite? Mine is the one with the gold foil….love the shine! Supplies are listed below. Happy crafting!
- Cardstock: Bermuda Bay (Stampin Up); Soft Sky (Stampin Up); Coastal Cabana (Stampin Up)
- Stamp: Garden Background (Stampendous); Big & Bold Wishes (Papertrey); Stylish Sentiments: Birthday (Papertrey)
- Ink: Versamark:
- Accessories: Gold embossing powder (Ranger); gold foil (Heidi Swapp); Copic markers; Sticky embossing powder (Ranger)
Good morning, at least for those folks on the West Coast! I had a chance to make a card for the current CAS-ual Fridays Tic Tac Toe challenge. I would love to win the prize. There are several CAS-ual Friday stamps I’ve had my eye on forever. Crossing my fingers!
I selected the line with enamel dots, no pattern paper, and sparkle/glitter. I love these older Hero Arts floral stamps and decided to use some pearlescent paint from Martha Stewart to ink up the stamps. I also did a slight modification and used pearls versus enamel dots since the enamel dots were too wide and flat versus the pearls and worked better with the pearlescent paint. I also edged the main panel with tea dye duo to soften the edges of the panel. Have to say I’m very happy with the results. Hope you have a chance to get your crafting groove on! Have a great day and supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: Raspberry Fizz, Limeade Ice (Papertrey Ink)
- Stamps: Hello Luscious Collection (Basic Grey – Hero Arts), Meadow Greens (Papertrey Ink)
- Ink: Early Espresso (Stampin Up); Chamomile and Chai distress ink (Papertrey Ink)
- Accessories: Tiger Lily Pearl Paint, Fruit Punch Pearl Paint (Martha Stewart), Pearls
The Curtain Call Cherry Bomb Challenge and CAS-ual Friday Color Challenge CFC151 had me thinking of a 4th of July themed card. Both challenges have a red, white, and blue colored theme. I kept it pretty simple so the glitter paste background stood out. Supplies are listed below. Hope you’re have a great start to your weekend and getting some crafting time in!
- Cardstock: Enchanted Evening (Papertrey); Pure Poppy (Papertrey); White Cardstock (Georgia Pacific)
- Ink: Enchanted Evening (Papertrey)
- Stamps: Happy Day (Papertrey)
- Accessories: Sequins (Simon Says Stamp); Amber Glitter Paste (Viva Décor); Happy Day die (Papertrey); Concentric Circles Stencil (My Favorite Things)