CardMaker Magazine has just released their Winter Issue! I wanted to share one of my favorite cards that made it into the magazine. Just love a white Rudolph! See the link to get more details about the magazine and some other sneak peaks of cards in the magazine. Hope you are having a great day!
I’m excited to share a card that I had published in Paper Crafts recently released Holiday Cards & More magazine. Love this special issue of Paper Craft magazine! Lots of inspiration just in time to get you in the holiday crafting mood.
I’m so excited about this card. I won’t lie….it took a long time to make. It has several steps since it includes stamping with paint, watercoloring, and coloring with Copics. But it was worth it in the end. Besides, what would I do with my time if I wasn’t crafting? Cleaning? Not if I can help it. Hope you are having a wonderful day! Happy crafting!
Yesterday, CardMaker Blog had a blog post that showed one of my cards that was published in their new Easy Layered Greeting Cards Magazine! Their blog post shows some of the other cards included in the magazine and how to get a hold of this magazine edition. Here’s my favorite card that was published in it.
I am so late on posting this….I can only blame the holiday craziness that extends from the first day of school until after New Year’s and of course my need for more organization in my life. I only thought of it when I was browsing blogs this morning and saw the current CASE Study challenge that reminded me of this card. This card was published in the Winter edition of CardMaker magazine. So happy belated New Year and hope 2014 is starting off well for you!
- Cardstock: Slate (A Muse Studio); Opal Stardream (Cordenons)
- Stamps: Dot Spot (Papertrey Ink); Essential Sentiments (A Muse Studio); inside: Clearly Sentimental about New Beginnings (My Favorite Things)
- Ink: Versamark (Tsukineko); Onyx Black (Versafine)
- Accessories: Cappuccino Star Opaque Embossing Powder (Sparkle ‘n’ Sprinkle); Black Detail Embossing Powder (Stampendous); Double-Ended Banners die (Papertrey Ink); Rhinestones: (Recollections from Michaels); Stampin’ Dimensionals (Stampin’ Up)
This card makes me think of a glass of bubbly! I have quite the collection of Washi tape and was thrilled to use up some of it. On the downside, this card was neither fast or easy. Those Washi bubbles took a bit to assemble and punch out. Then there’s my love / hate relationship with vellum. I love the look of it but have a tough time making it look right… no buckling, loose bits of embossing powder, scoring it, etc. It took several tries to get this right.
The card is in the new Handmade Cards special edition from Paper Crafts. There are lots of goodies in the magazine and hopefully will give you lots of inspiration! You can out more about the magazine edition here.
- Cardstock: (smokey shadow) Papertrey Ink; (white) Georgia Pacific
- Other paper: (Stamper’s Select Vellum) Papertrey Ink
- Clear stamps: (Celebrate, Celebrations) Papertrey Ink
- Watermark ink: (Versamark) Tsukineko
- Embossing powder: (fine detail white) Stewart Superior
- Accent: (Clear rhinestones, Icons) Me and My Big Ideas
- Sticker (Washi tape): (Gold MT) Kamoi Kakoshi Co.,; (Silver MT) Kamoi Kakoshi Co.; (asanoha hai (silver)) Kamoi Kakoshi Co.: (Silver damask) Recollections; (Silver and gold damask) Recollections
- Tool: (0.5-inch circle punch) Stampin’ Up; (0.75-inch circle punch) Stampin’ Up; (1-inch circle punch) EK Success; (1.475-inch circle punch) Marvy
- Finished size: 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
I have a card to share from the September / October Paper Crafts Magazine!! More info about the magazine issue can be found here.
I love the colors of this card and had so much fun making this card. The Happy Halloween sentiment is from Lily Bee Design’s Harvest Market stamp set and is one of my favorite Halloween sentiment stamps. Also got to mention those fabulous glittery spiders….You don’t want to know how many packs of those I’ve gone through! Hope you’re having a fabulous fall day!
- Cardstock: (True Black and Canyon Clay) Papertrey Ink
- Patterned paper: (Scary Stripe, All Hallow’s Eve Collection) Carta Bella 12 by 12 sheet
- Clear stamps: (Happy Halloween, Harvest Market) Lily Bee Design
- Dye ink: (Chai and Chamomile, Tea Dye Duo) Papertrey Ink
- Pigment ink: (Onyx Black) VersaFine
- Sticker: (Glitter Spiders) Jolee’s Boutique
- Fibers: (black, 20 lb cord) Darice
- Tool: (Distress tool) Stampin’ Up
- Finished size: 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
I am posting about my card that is in the Holiday Cards & More Magazine by Paper Crafts. You can pick up here.
I love all of the lovely Christmas cards, tags, and decor that are in the magazine! So many wonderful ideas for Christmas cards! Here’s my card from the magazine.
- Cardstock: Scarlet Jewel (Papertrey)
- Ink: Versamark (Tsuekineko)
- Stamps: Stylish Sentiments: Holiday (Papertrey), Flurry Snowflake (Impress Rubber Stamps), Nordic Noel (Amuse Studio)
- Accessories: Silver embossing powder (Superior), rhinestones (Recollections)