I decided to go back to a floral card I did in 2017 and wanted to spruce it up a bit for Papertrey Transformation Tuesday Challenge. Here’s a look at my original card.
My original card seemed too messy. I liked it but I wanted less variety in flower colors and wanted the sentiment to be framed by the flowers. I much prefer my transformation card. Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: Stamper’s Select White (Papertrey); watercolor (Ranger)
- Ink: Ripe Persimmon, Candied Applie, Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, and Hickory Smoke Distress ink (Ranger); Onyx Black (Versafine)
- Stamps: Brushed Blooms (Papertrey)
So I wasn’t super excited about this card I made for this week’s Make It Monday or Papertrey July Blog Hop and since I still had all my supplies sitting out, I decided to transform it for Papertrey’s Transformation Tuesday. I like the card so much better! Hope you do too! Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: Blue (Bazzill); Taken with Teal (Stampin Up); Ruby Red (Stampin Up); Soft Stone (Papertrey)
- Ink: Versamark
- Stamps: Salt Air: Fauna (Papertrey); Salt Air Sentiments (Papertrey);
- Dies: Reef Builder Dies (Papertrey)
- Accessories: Perfect pearls (Ranger); Sequins; clear wink of stella; silver embossing powder
I selected the card shown below from my blog post in February to make-over for Papertrey’s Transformation Tuesday. I love this set of pattern papers and felt like I could take my original card into a different direction.
I wanted to keep the water colored looking pattern paper as my base again but instead of making a basket of flowers, use those flowers as accents on another card. The card looks completely different since the sentiment becomes the focal point rather than the flowers but still maintains the floral style of the card. I prefer the redone version. What do you think? Hope you get some crafting time in next week! Supplies listed below.
- Cardstock: White 110 lb. (Recollections);
- Patterned Paper: Bloom & Grow Patterned Paper Collection (Papertrey)
- Stamps: Stylish Sentiments: Birthday (Papertrey)
- Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine)
- Accessories: Moonshine sequins;
I decided to make another Christmas card for Papertrey’s Faux Iron Challenge. I have a bunch of ski enthusiasts and I am always in need of snow themed Holiday cards. The iron bindings on the skis were an easy addition for the faux iron challenge. Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: Stamper’s Select White (Papertrey); Cool Caribean (Stampin Up)
- Ink: Dark Chocolate (Papertrey); Versamark
- Stamps: Two Feet Deep (Papertrey); Snow Day Background (Amuse Studio), Stylish Sentiment: Holiday (Papertrey)
- Dies: Two Feet Deep die (Papertrey); In the Meadow Die Collection (Papertrey)
- Accessories: Stardust Stickles (Ranger); Silver detail embossing powder (Ranger); Bridal Tinsel embossing powder (Ranger)
This challenge is to use inlay a wood themed card so that it’s seamless. I made this card thinking that I can use this as a template for this year’s holiday cards. I don’t think so now that it’s done but it was something to try. Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: Soft Stone (Papertrey); Pinefeather (Papertrey); Dark Chocolate (Papertrey); Vellum (Papertrey)
- Ink: Versamark, Pinefeather (Papertrey)
- Stamps: Holiday Cheer (Papertrey); Mighty Oak (Papertrey)
- Dies: Woodgrain Impression Plate (Papertrey)
- Accessories: gold embossing powder
I love using perfect peals on cards! So Papertrey’s SAF Challenge to use perfect pearls on a card was right up my alley. I kept the color combo simple so that the perfect pearls would be the focus. Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: Smokey Shadow (Papertrey)
- Ink: Versamark
- Stamps: Everyday Happiness (Papertrey)
- Dies: One Liners: Happy Die (Papertrey); Bella Bouquet die (Memory Box);
- Accessories: Turquoise Perfect Pearls (Ranger); Teal Pearls (Kaisercraft);