I selected the card shown below from my blog post in February to make-over for Papertrey’s Transformation Tuesday. I love this set of pattern papers and felt like I could take my original card into a different direction.
I wanted to keep the water colored looking pattern paper as my base again but instead of making a basket of flowers, use those flowers as accents on another card. The card looks completely different since the sentiment becomes the focal point rather than the flowers but still maintains the floral style of the card. I prefer the redone version. What do you think? Hope you get some crafting time in next week! Supplies listed below.
- Cardstock: White 110 lb. (Recollections);
- Patterned Paper: Bloom & Grow Patterned Paper Collection (Papertrey)
- Stamps: Stylish Sentiments: Birthday (Papertrey)
- Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine)
- Accessories: Moonshine sequins;
I decided to make another Christmas card for Papertrey’s Faux Iron Challenge. I have a bunch of ski enthusiasts and I am always in need of snow themed Holiday cards. The iron bindings on the skis were an easy addition for the faux iron challenge. Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: Stamper’s Select White (Papertrey); Cool Caribean (Stampin Up)
- Ink: Dark Chocolate (Papertrey); Versamark
- Stamps: Two Feet Deep (Papertrey); Snow Day Background (Amuse Studio), Stylish Sentiment: Holiday (Papertrey)
- Dies: Two Feet Deep die (Papertrey); In the Meadow Die Collection (Papertrey)
- Accessories: Stardust Stickles (Ranger); Silver detail embossing powder (Ranger); Bridal Tinsel embossing powder (Ranger)
This challenge is to use inlay a wood themed card so that it’s seamless. I made this card thinking that I can use this as a template for this year’s holiday cards. I don’t think so now that it’s done but it was something to try. Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: Soft Stone (Papertrey); Pinefeather (Papertrey); Dark Chocolate (Papertrey); Vellum (Papertrey)
- Ink: Versamark, Pinefeather (Papertrey)
- Stamps: Holiday Cheer (Papertrey); Mighty Oak (Papertrey)
- Dies: Woodgrain Impression Plate (Papertrey)
- Accessories: gold embossing powder
I love using perfect peals on cards! So Papertrey’s SAF Challenge to use perfect pearls on a card was right up my alley. I kept the color combo simple so that the perfect pearls would be the focus. Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: Smokey Shadow (Papertrey)
- Ink: Versamark
- Stamps: Everyday Happiness (Papertrey)
- Dies: One Liners: Happy Die (Papertrey); Bella Bouquet die (Memory Box);
- Accessories: Turquoise Perfect Pearls (Ranger); Teal Pearls (Kaisercraft);
We are down to the wire and I’m still trying to get my cards loaded for Papertrey’s Stamp-a-faire….nothing like waiting until the last minute. So this is short and sweet. Used orange pearl paint to get a bronze look for the stamped images. Love the sentiment on this card. Supplies listed below.
- Cardstock: Dark Chocolate (Papertrey); Orange Zest (Papertrey)
- Ink: Versamark
- Stamps: First Fruits (Papertrey); Every Season Plain Jane (Verve Stamps)
- Accessories: Tiger Lily pear paint (Martha Stewart); Apricot embossing powder (Zing)
I did a slightly different approach to the faux leather on this card since I used Cocoa Bean, impressed it, then applied brown spray, wiped it off, embossed it again, and then highlighted the embossed images with Chai ink. Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: Cocoa Bean (Papertrey); Pure Poppy (Papertrey)
- Ink: Dark Chocolate (Papertrey); Chai (Papertrey);
- Stamps: Vintage Ornaments II (Papertrey)
- Dies: Tag Sale #8 die (Papertrey)
- Accessories: Dog Holiday Stickers (Hobby Lobby); Holiday Phrases embossing folder (Carta Bella), brown spray; silver thread