This week’s Papertrey challenge is to create a card that has been inspired by a card that the design team has done during the pre-release posts. I love the look of the new apple die that Papertrey is going to be releasing this month. In particular, I was inspired by Heather Nichols’ cards in this post. I liked the clean and simple styling of her cards. I don’t have any apple stamps so I ended up using the peach from Summer Still Life and covering it with Nuvo drops. Supplies are listed below. Happy crafting!
- Cardstock: White 110 lb (Recollections);
- Stamps: Make It Market Mini Kit: Still Life Summer (Papertrey)
- Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine); Pure Poppy (Papertrey)
- Accessories: Ruby Slipper Glitter Drops (Nuvo); Black Polka Dot Washi Tape (Papertrey)
Papertrey’s February Blog Hop uses a great Easter inspired photo with a series of trays of grass and Easter eggs. It inspired me to create these two cards, using a grass die and the cute bunny image from Polka Dot Parade #1. I also decided to incorporate Papertrey’s Make It Monday Challenge of Framing Sentiments & Images. I prefer the first card since it’s got more colors incorporated into the card and offset image. How about you? Hope you’re enjoying everyone’s fabulous cards. Happy crafting! Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: Aqua Mist (Papertrey), New Leaf (Papertrey), Lavender Moon (Papertrey); Hibiscus Burst (Papertrey), White
- Stamps: Polka Dot Parade #1 (Papertrey), Simply Spring Borders (Papertrey)
- Ink: Lovely Lady (Papertrey), Onyx Black (Versafine)
- Dies: Grass Border die (Impression Obsession), Stitched Rectangles dies (Simon Says Stamp), Stitched Circles dies (Simon Says Stamp)
- Accessories: Stickles
Papertrey’s 11th Anniversary Challenge today was to use stripes and Simon Says Stamp’s Monday Challenge is to use a notepaper so I ended combining them to create the card below using notepaper looking pattern paper. It was a perfect look for a teacher thank you card. Supplies are listed below. Happy crafting!
- Cardstock: Classic White 110 lb. (Neenah);
- Patterned Paper: Bloom & Grow Patterned Paper Collection (Papertrey); Pencil Me In Patterned Paper Collection (Papertrey);
- Stamps: Keep It Simple: Teacher (Papertrey);
- Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine);
- Accessories: Moonshine sequins; White fun foam (Darice)
Today’s challenge for Papertrey’s 11th Anniversary is to use one of the color swatches to make a project. If you looked at my last 2 cards, you could probably guessed which color swatch I picked. I picked the one with aqua mist, tropical teal, green parakeet, winter wisteria and royal velvet. I decided to do a bit of watercoloring using my Papertrey inks. I ended up thinking the colors were too vibrant so created a front panel from vellum to soften the look. Hope your week is starting off well! Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: White (Papertrey); Vellum (Papertrey); watercolor (Ranger)
- Ink: aqua mist, tropical teal, green parakeet, winter wisteria and royal velvet (Papertrey); Versamark; Onyx Black (Versafine)
- Stamps: Ever So Much (Papertrey); Brushed Blooms (Papertrey)
- Accessories: Clear embossing powder; twine
Today’s 11th Anniversary Papertrey Challenge is to use no stamps to make a card. I’ve noticed lately how much I’m using dies in my cards. It seems like I make a lot of images from my dies and the only thing I’ll end up stamping is the sentiment. Some of that is due to me coloring more but it’s also due to such great dies being produced lately. This card came together pretty quickly. I started out using dylusions sprays to make a few front panels, trying to decide what look I wanted. On this one, my favorite of the bunch, I used a stencil to lighten up some of the ink. I decided it needed to be a mitten card after seeing how the nordic pattern showed up. You never know how the watercolor look is going to turn out but I have to say that I love how it turned out!!! Those are some of my favorite colors. Hope you’re having a great weekend! Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: Solar Crest White #110 (Neenah); Watercolor (Ranger); Glitter Fun Foam (Darice)
- Watercolor Inks: Dylusions sprays – Crushed grape, After Midnight, Calypso Teal,
- Dies: Shape Up Mitten (Papertrey); Heart Border (Papertrey); Christmas Cheer (Papertrey)
- Accessories: Layering Stencil – Holiday Knit (Tim Holtz)
Papertrey put out their retirement list today to use in Papertrey’s 11th Anniversary Challenge. I’m so bummed to see Make It Market Mini Kit: Color Pop Butterflies to be retiring. I love this set! It makes such easy quick cards, especially when you’re using the patterned paper with it. Here’s the card I made for this challenge. The supplies are listed below. Happy blog hopping!
- Cardstock: Aqua Mist (Papertrey); Basic Black (Papertrey); White 110 lb (Recollections)
- Stamps, Dies, Stencils, & Paper: Make It Market Mini Kit: Color Pop Florals (Papertrey)
- Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine); Aqua Mist (Papertrey); Hawaiian Shore (Papertrey); Winter Wisteria (Papertrey); Soft Stone (Papertrey)
- Accessories: Sequins (Darice); glue dots, matte glue; watercolor brush
Since I never put stuff away when I’m crafting, I decided to work with some more of the Bloom and Grow Patterned Paper Collection for Papertrey’s Day 3 Challenge: Transformation. It was interesting to see how I could tweak the card to improve it. I ended up with 3 cards, hopefully each an improvement from the previous one.
The first one was very simple with a stamped sentiment on patterned paper with the main floral image. I added sponging to the patterned paper to emphasize the focal image but can’t say I love how it ended up.
I liked the patterned paper in the blue shade, skipped the sponging since I didn’t think it added much, but decided to frame the image by die cutting the patterned paper. I also switched the sentiment, and switched the stamped sentiment on the patterned paper to stamping it on a banner. I like this one much better.
For my last try, I skipped the background patterned paper completely, but kept the idea of framing the image with a die cut. I like this one the best of all.
- Cardstock: White 110 lb. (Recollections); Aqua Mist (Papertrey); Pale Peony (Papertrey); Harvest Gold (Papertrey)
- Patterned Paper: Bloom & Grow Patterned Paper Collection (Papertrey)
- Stamps: Keep It Simple: Teacher (Papertrey); Keep It Simple: Mother (Papertrey);
- Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine); Pale Peony (Papertrey)
- Dies: Femmes Frames (Mama Elephant)
- Accessories: Moonshine sequins; White fun foam (Darice)