Happy Mother’s Day! Mine has been wonderfully mellow! I’ve had to time to hang out, clean up my craft room, make some crafty purchases, and squeeze in a card for this week’s Papertrey Make It Monday challenge. I pulled out Garden Gate since it needs some love and used the stamp set for all of the images on the card.
Looking at it now that I’m done, I wish I would have used a softer colored grey ink since it feels too strong. Oh well, live and learn. It makes a nice background but since’s it’s a pretty busy sentiment, it would have been better if it would have disappeared a bit more. I also pulled out my Spectrum Noir pens to smooth out the Hollyhock coloring. My stamps need some more seasoning so the ink was a bit splotchy. Well that’s about it for what I wish I would have done better. Hope you are enjoying the blog hop! Abbreviated supply list is below….need to get going on dinner.
Supplies: Garden Gate stamp set (Papertrey); Raspberry Fizz, Scarlet Jewel, Bright Buttercup, New leaf, Green Parakeet ink (Papertrey); Soft granite ink (Hero Arts); Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens; sequins, twine
I was feeling inspired after completing my June Blog Hop card to work on Papertrey’s Make It Monday challenge of reverse stenciling. I was surprised just how pretty the reverse stenciling comes out when you use two or more inks and allow them to blend together! Too cool! I also found that I could get good ink coverage without using a brayer if I covered the stencil surface with Versamark. It seems to keep the ink from beading up. After I covered the stencil with ink, I hit it pretty heavy with the mini mister…probably too much but it gave it a nice perfect pearls shimmer. I liked the results of the reverse stenciling so much that I opted to keep the rest of the card simple with just a sentiment. I popped the sentiment up with fun foam and coated it with glossy accents.
I decided to go with thanks since that’s the 2nd most needed card in my stash. I probably would have gone for a masculine birthday card but couldn’t quite make it work with the royal velvet color. I’ve got men in the family that are allergic to purple. They don’t know what they’re missing! Supplies are listed below. Happy crafting!
- Cardstock: White (Recollections); Blueberry Sky (Papertrey)
- Ink: Hawaiian Shores, Blueberry Sky, and Royal Velvet (Papertrey); Onyx Black (Versafine); Versamark
- Stamps: Wet Paint (Papertrey)
- Accessories: Wet Paint dies (Papertrey); Modern Background Stencil Collection (Papertrey); Mini Mister (Ranger); Perfect Pearls (Ranger); Fun Foam (Darice); Sticky sheets; Glossy Accents (Ranger)
Hope you are having a great weekend! I got to play in my craft room today and finished up several cards. My first was for this week’s Color Isolation Challenge for Papertrey’s Make It Monday. It only took 2 tries to get it right. Thank goodness it’s only paper. Supplies are listed below. Happy crafting!
- Cardstock: White (Papertrey); Berry Sorbet (Papertrey)
- Ink: Light to Dark Peach Ombre pad (Hero Arts); Fog (Simon Says Stamp); Onyx Black (Versafine)
- Stamps: Out on a Limb (Papertrey); Out on a Limb Sentiments (Papertrey)
- Accessories: wink of stella (Zig); R05Copic
Hope everyone has had a great week and is ready to start the next one-off. We’ve been getting house chores done, like doing the taxes. It’s such a relief to be done with them! So I finally got some play time in my craft room and decided to make a card for Papertrey’s Make it Monday #244 Score Line Challenge. Nothing like cutting it close since it closes in 3 hours. This is my wild and crazy life….cutting it close to a card blog hop challenge deadline.
So opted to use score lines as a background layer for my card. I decided to use my Martha Stewart scoreboard since it has the score lines nice and close. The resulting black cardstock looked a bit like pinstripes. So I decided to use Fashion Sense stamp set to go with glamorous scored background. Hope you enjoyed the blog hop and are read for tomorrow’s new challenge. Supplies are listed below. Happy crafting!
- Cardstock: True Black (Papertrey); White (Papertrey)
- Ink: Pure Poppy (Papertrey); Raspberry Fizz (Papertrey); Versamark
- Stamps: Fashion Sense (Papertrey)
- Accessories: Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls Mist (Ranger); Gold embossing powder (Ranger); Foam tape
Papertrey’s Make It Monday Challenge this week is ink blending over a heat embossed image/background. Simon Says Stamp’s Wednesday Challenge is to create a rain or shine card. I combined the two challenges and made this card.
I had some new stamps that were need to see some ink so opted to do a fun rainy background. I might be inspired by the endless rainstorms we seem to be getting this spring. I randomly stamped the various rain drops with versamark and embossed them with clear embossing powder. I sponged Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky and Enchanted Evening inks over the embossed images. Then of course I had to add some splatters of water to make it look more like a rainy background. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment on tracing paper and attached it to the front panel and attached it all to the card base. Hope you’re enjoying all of the lovely cards being done for this MIM challenge. Happy crafting! Supplies listed below.
- Cardstock: Stamper’s Select White (Papertrey); tracing paper
- Ink: Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky, Enchanted Evening (Papertrey); Versamark
- Stamps: Rainy Day Sentiments
- Accessories: Clear embossing powder,
So my fortune teller told me to use Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky and Simply Chartreuse for my color combination for Papertrey’s 9th Anniversary Day 8 Challenge. I am also including this card for the Create Along With Us for Papertrey’s typical Monday Challenge. Got to love when you can make 1 card that works for two challenges.
I decided to use my favorite Papertrey designers card from the Spring Woods set. Kay Miller is amazing! Love what she does with colors and layout. My card doesn’t do her justice but it was limited by the darn fortune teller colors. Supplies are listed below and I am including a link to Kay’s card here.
- Cardstock: Stamper’s Select White (Papertrey)
- Ink: Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky, and Simply Chartreuse (Papertrey); Chocolate Chip (Stampin Up)
- Stamps: Winter Woods (Papertrey)
- Accessories: Fun Foam