This week’s challenge for Papertrey Ink’s Make It Monday Challenge is to make a card where you build a wreath. I opted for a wreath that fills the outside edge of the card. It was unintentional, but I love how there is a sprinkling of silver embossing powder on the Holly part of the sentiments. I coated the berry images with glossy accents to give the card more texture. Happy crafting! Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: Soft Stone (Papertrey)
- Ink: Pure Poppy (Papertrey); Versamark
- Stamps: Mistletoe & Holly (Papertrey)
- Accessories: Glossy Accents (Ranger); Silver embossing powder, White embossing powder
Long time no see! I have been away from my crafting space for so long! My spare time has been taken up with kids, work, and getting a house ready to sell. But I’ve been craving some crafting time and wanted to take a stab at this week’s Papertrey Make It Monday challenge of making a monochrome card with a pop of color.
I pulled out my Winter Woods stamp set to make some winter cards. Once we swing into holiday cards, I seem to forget all about winter birthdays and I have quite a few to send out every year. I kept the background soft with white birch trees on soft stone so that the pretty birds would really pop. The supplies are listed below. Hope you are enjoying everyone’s pretty cards. Happy crafting!
- Cardstock: Soft Stone (Papertrey); Smokey Shadow (Papertrey)
- Stamps: Winter Woods (Papertrey); Keep It Simple: Birthdays II(Papertrey)
- Ink: Fresh Snow (Papertrey); Smokey Shadow (Papertrey); Versamark
- Dies: Contemp0 Birds (Memory Box)
- Accessories: Watercolors; White Embossing Powder;
This week’s Papertrey Ink challenge is to create a coordinating pair of cards. This challenge was a fun one, especially since I typically make several cards when I sit down to craft. Why craft only 1 card when you have all of your supplies out. I’m going to keep this quick. Supplies are listed below. Happy crafting!
- Cardstock: White 110 lb (Recollections); True Black (Papertrey)
- Patterned Paper: Still Life: Summer Patterned Paper Collection (Papertrey)
- Stamps: Make It Market Mini Kit: Still Life Summer (Papertrey)
- Dies: Thanks and Hello die (My Favorite Things)
- Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine);
- Accessories: Black Embroidery Thread (DMC); Sherbet Shimmer Glitter Drops (Nuvo)
Happy Mother’s Day! Mine has been wonderfully mellow! I’ve had to time to hang out, clean up my craft room, make some crafty purchases, and squeeze in a card for this week’s Papertrey Make It Monday challenge. I pulled out Garden Gate since it needs some love and used the stamp set for all of the images on the card.
Looking at it now that I’m done, I wish I would have used a softer colored grey ink since it feels too strong. Oh well, live and learn. It makes a nice background but since’s it’s a pretty busy sentiment, it would have been better if it would have disappeared a bit more. I also pulled out my Spectrum Noir pens to smooth out the Hollyhock coloring. My stamps need some more seasoning so the ink was a bit splotchy. Well that’s about it for what I wish I would have done better. Hope you are enjoying the blog hop! Abbreviated supply list is below….need to get going on dinner.
Supplies: Garden Gate stamp set (Papertrey); Raspberry Fizz, Scarlet Jewel, Bright Buttercup, New leaf, Green Parakeet ink (Papertrey); Soft granite ink (Hero Arts); Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens; sequins, twine
I was feeling inspired after completing my June Blog Hop card to work on Papertrey’s Make It Monday challenge of reverse stenciling. I was surprised just how pretty the reverse stenciling comes out when you use two or more inks and allow them to blend together! Too cool! I also found that I could get good ink coverage without using a brayer if I covered the stencil surface with Versamark. It seems to keep the ink from beading up. After I covered the stencil with ink, I hit it pretty heavy with the mini mister…probably too much but it gave it a nice perfect pearls shimmer. I liked the results of the reverse stenciling so much that I opted to keep the rest of the card simple with just a sentiment. I popped the sentiment up with fun foam and coated it with glossy accents.
I decided to go with thanks since that’s the 2nd most needed card in my stash. I probably would have gone for a masculine birthday card but couldn’t quite make it work with the royal velvet color. I’ve got men in the family that are allergic to purple. They don’t know what they’re missing! Supplies are listed below. Happy crafting!
- Cardstock: White (Recollections); Blueberry Sky (Papertrey)
- Ink: Hawaiian Shores, Blueberry Sky, and Royal Velvet (Papertrey); Onyx Black (Versafine); Versamark
- Stamps: Wet Paint (Papertrey)
- Accessories: Wet Paint dies (Papertrey); Modern Background Stencil Collection (Papertrey); Mini Mister (Ranger); Perfect Pearls (Ranger); Fun Foam (Darice); Sticky sheets; Glossy Accents (Ranger)
Hope you are having a great weekend! I got to play in my craft room today and finished up several cards. My first was for this week’s Color Isolation Challenge for Papertrey’s Make It Monday. It only took 2 tries to get it right. Thank goodness it’s only paper. Supplies are listed below. Happy crafting!
- Cardstock: White (Papertrey); Berry Sorbet (Papertrey)
- Ink: Light to Dark Peach Ombre pad (Hero Arts); Fog (Simon Says Stamp); Onyx Black (Versafine)
- Stamps: Out on a Limb (Papertrey); Out on a Limb Sentiments (Papertrey)
- Accessories: wink of stella (Zig); R05Copic