I’ve got two cards where I combined two challenges from this week, Papertrey’s Make It Monday – Color Wheel Challenge and Simon Says Stamp’s Girl Power Challenge. I found making a color wheel focal image tough to do. I used the brushed off stamp to create the colorful wheel. I love the sweet sentiment and it is perfect for my sweet female friends who always brighten my days with their friendship. Hope you’re have a great weekend! Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: White (Neenah); Black (Recollections); Black Polka Dot (Amuse Studio)
- Stamps: Brushed Off (Papertrey); Signature Series: Flowers (Papertrey)
- Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine); Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Bright Buttercup, Green Parakeet, New Leaf, Tropical Teal, Blueberry Sky, Amethyst Allure, Raspberry Fizz, and Berry Sorbet (Papertrey)
- Accessories: Circle Punch, sequins (Darice)
This week’s Papertrey Make It Monday Challenge is to use masks and stack images to make a card. It was tough to come up with something I wanted to stack until I looked through the Papertrey image stamps and realized I had ghosts that would look cute stacked and were easy to create a mask for. I thought I would just whip this card out until I realized how flat the stacked images looked, all black lines and no image definition. So I pulled out my colored pencils to give the stack some depth. Hope you like it! Hope your week is going well and you get some crafty time in! Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: Orange Zest (Papertrey); White
- Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine)
- Stamps: Polka Dot Parade #7 (Papertrey)
- Accessories: Polychromos pencils; clear Wink of Stella marker; fun foam
Papertrey’s February Blog Hop uses a great Easter inspired photo with a series of trays of grass and Easter eggs. It inspired me to create these two cards, using a grass die and the cute bunny image from Polka Dot Parade #1. I also decided to incorporate Papertrey’s Make It Monday Challenge of Framing Sentiments & Images. I prefer the first card since it’s got more colors incorporated into the card and offset image. How about you? Hope you’re enjoying everyone’s fabulous cards. Happy crafting! Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: Aqua Mist (Papertrey), New Leaf (Papertrey), Lavender Moon (Papertrey); Hibiscus Burst (Papertrey), White
- Stamps: Polka Dot Parade #1 (Papertrey), Simply Spring Borders (Papertrey)
- Ink: Lovely Lady (Papertrey), Onyx Black (Versafine)
- Dies: Grass Border die (Impression Obsession), Stitched Rectangles dies (Simon Says Stamp), Stitched Circles dies (Simon Says Stamp)
- Accessories: Stickles
This week’s challenge for Papertrey Ink’s Make It Monday Challenge is to make a card where you build a wreath. I opted for a wreath that fills the outside edge of the card. It was unintentional, but I love how there is a sprinkling of silver embossing powder on the Holly part of the sentiments. I coated the berry images with glossy accents to give the card more texture. Happy crafting! Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: Soft Stone (Papertrey)
- Ink: Pure Poppy (Papertrey); Versamark
- Stamps: Mistletoe & Holly (Papertrey)
- Accessories: Glossy Accents (Ranger); Silver embossing powder, White embossing powder
Long time no see! I have been away from my crafting space for so long! My spare time has been taken up with kids, work, and getting a house ready to sell. But I’ve been craving some crafting time and wanted to take a stab at this week’s Papertrey Make It Monday challenge of making a monochrome card with a pop of color.
I pulled out my Winter Woods stamp set to make some winter cards. Once we swing into holiday cards, I seem to forget all about winter birthdays and I have quite a few to send out every year. I kept the background soft with white birch trees on soft stone so that the pretty birds would really pop. The supplies are listed below. Hope you are enjoying everyone’s pretty cards. Happy crafting!
- Cardstock: Soft Stone (Papertrey); Smokey Shadow (Papertrey)
- Stamps: Winter Woods (Papertrey); Keep It Simple: Birthdays II(Papertrey)
- Ink: Fresh Snow (Papertrey); Smokey Shadow (Papertrey); Versamark
- Dies: Contemp0 Birds (Memory Box)
- Accessories: Watercolors; White Embossing Powder;
This week’s Papertrey Ink challenge is to create a coordinating pair of cards. This challenge was a fun one, especially since I typically make several cards when I sit down to craft. Why craft only 1 card when you have all of your supplies out. I’m going to keep this quick. Supplies are listed below. Happy crafting!
- Cardstock: White 110 lb (Recollections); True Black (Papertrey)
- Patterned Paper: Still Life: Summer Patterned Paper Collection (Papertrey)
- Stamps: Make It Market Mini Kit: Still Life Summer (Papertrey)
- Dies: Thanks and Hello die (My Favorite Things)
- Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine);
- Accessories: Black Embroidery Thread (DMC); Sherbet Shimmer Glitter Drops (Nuvo)
Happy Mother’s Day! Mine has been wonderfully mellow! I’ve had to time to hang out, clean up my craft room, make some crafty purchases, and squeeze in a card for this week’s Papertrey Make It Monday challenge. I pulled out Garden Gate since it needs some love and used the stamp set for all of the images on the card.
Looking at it now that I’m done, I wish I would have used a softer colored grey ink since it feels too strong. Oh well, live and learn. It makes a nice background but since’s it’s a pretty busy sentiment, it would have been better if it would have disappeared a bit more. I also pulled out my Spectrum Noir pens to smooth out the Hollyhock coloring. My stamps need some more seasoning so the ink was a bit splotchy. Well that’s about it for what I wish I would have done better. Hope you are enjoying the blog hop! Abbreviated supply list is below….need to get going on dinner.
Supplies: Garden Gate stamp set (Papertrey); Raspberry Fizz, Scarlet Jewel, Bright Buttercup, New leaf, Green Parakeet ink (Papertrey); Soft granite ink (Hero Arts); Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens; sequins, twine