Ok… one more card tonight. This one is for Simon Say Stamps Wednesday Challenge using the photo inspiration and Papertrey Ink’s October Blog Hop. These two challenge inspiration photos had me thinking of a stack of colorful leaves. I ended up with this card after using some sprays on watercolor paper and die cutting them out. I ended up with my favorite colored die cuts on the card. This card makes me happy thinking of fall. I love the beautiful colors of fall. Happy crafting! Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: Rustic Cream (Papertrey); Gold Foil Cardstock (Recollections); Watercolor Paper (Ranger)
- Dies: Encolosed: Leaf die (Papertrey)
- Accessories: Crushed Grape, Postbox Red, Pure Sunshine, Squeezed Orange Ink Spray (Dylusions)
I love this new set from Art Impressions! It’s got the cutest dog and cat Halloween stamps, especially if you have a grumpy/grouchy cat or dog. I was happy to pull this stamp set out and start coloring when I saw this week’s Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge – It’s A Dogs Life. A three day trip with 3 classes of 5th graders kept me from it until this weekend. Hope you enjoy the card! Happy crafting! Supplies are listed below.
- Patterned Paper: Perfectly Plaid Fall (Lawn Fawn); Watercolor Wishes Petite Paper Pack (Lawn Fawn)
- Stamps: Howl-oween (Art Impressions)
- Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine)
- Accessories: Copics
How about a combination set that works for 2 Simon Says Stamp Challenges. The Simon Says Stamp’s Monday Challenge is Not a Card and the Simon Says Stamp’s Wednesday Challenge is Christmas. Here you go, a Christmas card and matching tag. Hope your week is starting off well! Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: Smokey Shadow (Papertrey Ink); white (Georgia Pacific)
- Patterned Paper: Merry & Bright 6×6 pad (Pink Paislee)
- Ink: Tea Dye Duo (Papertrey); Onyx Black (Versafine)
- Accessories: Glitter Reindeer (Creatology), Snowflake ribbon (Celebrate It), Merry & Bright ephemera (Pink Paislee), Winter Flurry embossing folder (Taylored Expressions), thread
Simon Says Stamp’s Blog has a long line of lovely cards from designers around the world. I love seeing where all of the wonderful card designers are from! Here’s my card for the day….love that cute yeti image from My Favorite Things! It was also fun to make a pop-up card with him. Hope you’re getting some crafting time in on World Card Making Day too! Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: White 110 pound (Recollections); Smokey Slate (Stampin’ Up)
- Ink: Licorice Black (My Favorite Things); Onyx Black (Versafine); Salty Ocean Distress (Ranger); Mermaid Lagoon Distress (Ranger)
- Stamps: Beast Friends (My Favorite Things)
- Dies: Snow Capped Mountains die (Mama Elephant); Holy Night Dies (Concord & 9th); Tree Line Die (Impression Obsession)
- Accessories: Marker BG02, B00, BG05, C1, C2, C4, C8 R29, Y17, YG67, E39 (Copics); Perfect Peals, Mister
Edited to add that my first card did not include any stamping that was required for the challenge, so I had to make a second card for the challenge. Whoops!
I’m loving all of the wonderful products Simon has this month for Stamptember! It’s so much fun to see what new thing is revealed every morning for Stamptember. I’ve got my first order in and am waiting for it to arrive but for Simon’s Stamp It Challenge to use exclusive Simon products, I decided to use an old standby by Simon Says. I kept my card pretty simple so that the wonderful leaves die would remain the focal point. Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: Black, Tracing Paper
- Dies: Clustered Leaves Die (Simon Says Stamp); Sentimental Die (Avery Elle)
- Accessories: Sequins (Darice); white colored pencil
Card that uses Simon Says stamps and actually satisfies the challenge….
- Cardstock: White, Plum Pudding
- Ink: Plum Pudding
- Stamps: Sending and Wishing (Simon Says Stamp)
- Dies: Script Sending and Wishing Dies (Simon Says Stamp); Floral and Flutter Dies (Concord & 9th)
- Accessories: Rhinestones; Dylusions Sprays
I knew exactly what I wanted to make for this week’s Simon Says Stamp’s Monday Challenge – Young at Heart and Curtain Call Challenge: XOXO. I bought this die thinking that I would use it to make my boys Valentine’s cards. My boys are 8 and 9 and they LOVE Minecraft (computer and video game). The shape of the die makes the perfect pixelated heart. And if you’ve never seen Minecraft….it has old style block style of graphics. Neat and Tangled pixelated heart die is perfect for this! And the coolest thing is that it makes a die cut that allows you to create a heart that pops up from the inside of the card. Can you tell I’m excited about this card. I need to make another one so each boy has a card but I wanted to post this one. The color choices of green and pink are a bit strange but I picked up the pink from the inspiration photo and needed green to match the Minecraft background. The Minecraft terrain has this kind of blocky green background that I tried to imitate. The card supplies are listed below. Happy blog hopping!
- Cardstock: Pink Pirouette (Stampin Up); New Leaf (Papertrey); White (Georgia Pacific)
- Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine)
- Stamps: Crazy Talk (Tim Holtz); Tremendous Treats: Valentine (Papertrey)
- Dies: Pixelated Heart (Neat & Tangled)
- Accessories: YG06, YG11, YG17 (Copics); Clear embossing powder (Stampendous)
Here’s my third card using Papertrey’s hearts cover plate die for this week’s Simon Says Stamp’s Wednesday Challenge, The Color of Love. For this one, I wanted to give the cover plate die cut more texture by putting folded hearts inside. Not sure how well I like how it turned out and it was a pain to fold and glue the vellum hearts. I don’t think I would do it again but it adds an interesting look to the card. Supplies are listed below. Happy crafting!
- Cardstock: Soft Stone (Papertrey); Hibiscus Burst (Papertrey); Vellum (Papertrey)
- Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine)
- Stamps: Cottage Living (Pebbles)
- Dies: Hearts Cover Plate die (Papertrey)