Simon Says Stamp’s Wednesday Challenge has a beautiful collection of Easter themed photos for inspiration. I focused on the eggs and colors for my inspiration and ended up with this card. I created the background by smooshing with distress oxide inks and then stamping and heat embossing Easter egg images all over the background. Hope you’re having a great weekend! Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: Pacific Point (Stampin Up); Watercolor (Ranger)
- Ink: Versamark; Mermaid Lagoon and Wilted Violet Distress Oxide Inks (Ranger)
- Stamps: Easter Wishes (Close to My Heart)
- Accessories: Clear embossing powder, white embossing powder
I love the inspiration photo collection used for this week’s Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge shown below. That gray bunny is so cute and had me inspired to make a card with a gray bunny. Mine looks a lot more active than the one in the photo, but just as adorable. Love those big floppy ears!!
I saw this stamp set and fell in love. I was going to die cut the image but felt like it was too delicate to go on a colored or patterned paper background. Somehow it looked lost so I kept it clean and simple on the white cardstock. Yes, that means I ended up doing this card twice and the first one is in the garbage can. Supplies are listed below. Hope you get some crafting time in this week!
- Cardstock: White (Neenah)
- Stamps: Happy Easter Bunny (Stampin Up)
- Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine)
- Accessories: Wink of Stell (Zig);
I’ve got two cards where I combined two challenges from this week, Papertrey’s Make It Monday – Color Wheel Challenge and Simon Says Stamp’s Girl Power Challenge. I found making a color wheel focal image tough to do. I used the brushed off stamp to create the colorful wheel. I love the sweet sentiment and it is perfect for my sweet female friends who always brighten my days with their friendship. Hope you’re have a great weekend! Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: White (Neenah); Black (Recollections); Black Polka Dot (Amuse Studio)
- Stamps: Brushed Off (Papertrey); Signature Series: Flowers (Papertrey)
- Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine); Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Bright Buttercup, Green Parakeet, New Leaf, Tropical Teal, Blueberry Sky, Amethyst Allure, Raspberry Fizz, and Berry Sorbet (Papertrey)
- Accessories: Circle Punch, sequins (Darice)
I have the perfect stamp for this week’s Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge – Whatever the Weather! I love this stamp since it goes right to the heart of my personality and where I live (Oregon). I don’t get the chance to use this stamp enough since not enough seem to share my sentiment about rain. Hope you like the card! Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: Stamper’s Select White (Papertrey Ink); Watercolor Paper (Ranger);
- Ink: Blueberry Sky, Tropical Teal, Hawaiian Shores (Papertrey); Versamark (Imagine Crafts)
- Stamps: Puddle Stomping Weather (Savvy Stamps)
- Dies: Matting Basics A die (Spellbinders)
- Accessories: Texture Raindrops Stencil (Memory Box); Pearlescent Embossing Paste (Dreamweaver); White embossing powder (Superior);
I love the freedom of the anything goes challenges. I can make a card focused on something I’ve been wanting to play with for awhile. So for this week’s Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge of Anything Goes, I decided to pull out a long-neglected stamp set. I used some of my favorite colors, blues and purples, and went to town watercoloring the heat embossed images. Supplies are listed below. Hope you’re having a crafty weekend!
- Cardstock: Watercolor (Ranger); Plum Pudding (Papertrey)
- Stamps: Greenhouse Society – May Day (Technique Tuesday)
- Ink: Versamark
- Accessories: White embossing powder; clean color real brush markers (Zig)
One of my favorite flowers is hydrangeas. It was the perfect inspiration for this week’s Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge of In My Garden. I love the graphic style of this hydrangea image. It seems perfect for watercoloring. Simon Says Stamp’s wishing die has such a pretty font. I would love a whole set of greeting dies in that font!
I ended up making 2 cards with the 2nd attempt with bolder coloring using colored pencils and the addition of sequins. Hope the card brings some springtime sunshine to you. Happy crafting! Supplies are listed below.
- Cardstock: Blueberry Sky (Papertrey); Watercolor Paper (Ranger);
- Stamps: Sending and Wishing (Simon Says Stamp); In Bloom: Addie’s Garden (Winnie & Walter);
- Ink: Shaded Lilac, Peacock Feathers, and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks (Ranger); Jet Black Archival (Ranger), Versamark (Tsukineko)
- Dies: Wishing die (Simon Says Stamp);
- Accessories: White Fun Foam (Darice); White Embossing Powder (Ranger); Polychromos colored pencils (Faber-Castell); sequins
Papertrey’s 11th Anniversary Challenge today was to use stripes and Simon Says Stamp’s Monday Challenge is to use a notepaper so I ended combining them to create the card below using notepaper looking pattern paper. It was a perfect look for a teacher thank you card. Supplies are listed below. Happy crafting!
- Cardstock: Classic White 110 lb. (Neenah);
- Patterned Paper: Bloom & Grow Patterned Paper Collection (Papertrey); Pencil Me In Patterned Paper Collection (Papertrey);
- Stamps: Keep It Simple: Teacher (Papertrey);
- Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine);
- Accessories: Moonshine sequins; White fun foam (Darice)